Fans of The Walking Dead waited with held breath for the appearance of the badass katana-toting Michonne, played by Danai Gurira. Popping up in the season two finale, Michonne is now a regular as season three kicks off. If you’re an admirer of either the comic character or Gurira’s portrayal on TV, check out the two sets below for some zombie-killer chic just in time for Hallowe’en!
Based on Michonne’s get-up in the comics, this outfit contains several items you might already have in your closet. Start with black leggings, a bright fuchsia mini, and blue t-shirt. After that it’s all about accessories; add tall yellow socks and a matching scarf, a tough skull-buckle belt, and combat boots. The finishing touches come in the form of a military-style camo jacket, a wide headband, and a dagger knuckle-duster ring — you never know when you might need a weapon.
- Ruched Sleeve Tee from Witchery, $31.00 USD
- Manhattan Beach Skirt from Hollister, $29.90 USD
- Sweater Leggings from Target, $16.99 USD
- Urban Knit Stripe Ankle Socks from Topshop, $6.00 USD (sale)
- Camo Military Jacket from Delia’s, $44.50 USD
- Skull Harness Belt from Tilly’s, $16.99 USD
- Purl Knit Scarf from Forever 21, $12.80 USD
- Black Waffle Knit Headband from River Island, $13.00 USD
- Dagger Double Ring from Amazon, $9.90 USD
- Lace Up Combat Boots from Amazon, $39.99 USD
In the Walking Dead television series, Michonne’s outfit is a bit more toned down than her comic gear, but just as recognizable (especially if you have a pair of Walkers in tow). Use dark cargo pants or jeans as your base along with a purple tank top and cognac leather vest. Accessorize with a studded belt and sword necklace, and use a striped scarf for your headband. Strap on some low fold-over boots, cover up with a hooded poncho, and prepare to raise hell!
- Petite Cargo Pants from Target, $27.99 USD
- Seamless Tank from Target, $16.99-$19.99 USD
- Moto Vest from Delia’s, $34.50 USD (sale)
- Studded Women’s Belt from JCPenney, $18.00 USD
- Festival Snood from Fatface, $29.00 USD
- Plaid Lined Lace-Up Boots from Forever 21, $34.80 USD
- Drawstring Cape from Buckle, $47.96 USD (sale)
- Sword Necklace from Chelsea Doll, $13.00 USD