Of the four women onboard the good ship Serenity, Inara is by far the most fashionable. A Companion with a vast wardrobe at her disposal, Inara is style inspiration personified, and I had a hard time choosing which of her outfits I wanted to fashion a set around. Ultimately I went for a costume Inara wears very early on in Firefly, during the latter half of the pilot episode.
Start off with a sleeveless dress in dusty mauve and add a golden belt and as many pretty jewels as you please; a shapely cuff, gemstone necklace, and tassel earrings are similar to the accessories Inara wears. Alternately you might choose a gold heart necklace to reference the popular and moving “Heart of Gold” episode of the show. Flat sandals in shades of gold, red, and burgundy complement dress and jewelry as well as calling back to the deep reds Inara often wears. Don’t fear the Caboodle: Inara knows how to deploy her makeup – try out a deep plummy lipstick and eyeshadow in shades of pink and bronze. Find a pashmina or shawl in similar tones to Inara’s robe, and head off to a shindig! Make sure to avoid Reavers en route.
- Cava Dusty Blackberry Purple Dress from Van Mildert - $36.00 USD
- Paisley Jacquard Pashmina from Amazon - $17.99 USD
- Coin and Ring Skinny Belt from ASOS Curve - $12.07 USD
- Miso Coin Hand & Ring Bracelet from Republic - $14.00 USD
- Gold Deco Tassel Earrings from Baublebar - $22.00 USD
- Amethyst Cubic Zirconia Victorian Pendant Necklace from Max and Chloe - $50.00 USD
- Double Heart Choker from Mango - $24.99 USD
- Fan the Breeze Bracelet from Modcloth - $15.99 USD
- Pierre Dumas Golden-2 Sandals from Piperlime - $25.00 USD
- NARS Duo Eyehadow in Sugarland from Barneys - $34.00 USD
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Plum Paradise, available in drugstores – $6.59 USD at CVS.