Arwen Undómiel, the shimmering, serene Evenstar of Tolkien’s tales, is one of the most fashionable elves around. Who among us was able to watch three Lord of the Rings films and not lust after at least one of Arwen’s beautiful gowns? There are plenty to choose from, but for this set I decided to pull inspiration from the gown Arwen wears at the crowning of Aragorn, near the end of Return of the King. An outfit like this would be perfect for a wedding or other semi-formal event in warm weather.
Start with a delicately pleated and on-trend maxi dress in pale green and bring along a floaty cream scarf or pashmina to ward off breezes and recall the flowing, embroidered sleeves on Arwen’s gown. A pair of delicate crocheted flats are a perfect substitute for princess slippers. A pretty opal ring adds starlit mystique and, of course, a replica of the Evenstar pendant is a must-have accessory. In place of Arwen’s elaborate silver headdress, try a floral crown or jeweled headband. Then top everything off with some shimmer on lips or eyes and brush up your Quenya!
- Cream Floral Lace Scarf from Debenham’s – $31.00 USD
- Pleat High Neck Maxi Dress from Rare London – $23.00 USD
- Sheer Crochet Ballet Flat from Charlotte Russe – $24.50 USD
- Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight High Shimmer Lip Gloss from Nordstrom -$23.00 USD
- Sorrelli Aegean Sea Opal Ring from Endless – $50.00 USD
- Diamante Stretch Headband from ASOS – $19.88 USD
- Eden Floral Crown from RockNRose – $37.00 USD
- Evenstar Pendant from Amazon – $32.99 USD